A workout can be beneficial to you and others if you want it to be! There are many ways to help your local community whilst exercising. You can get creative with it too:
- Exercise with a furry friend – why not go down to a local animal rescue shelter and volunteer to take some of the animals for a walk.
- Help to rebuild communities – companies like Goodgym offer local community projects where you can help out while you work out.
- Race for a cause – you can choose to take part in races such as 5k races and raise money for charity in the process.
- Donate your miles – there are apps that help you to track the miles you do in your workout and you can donate these miles to charity. You can choose which charity you’d like to support.
- Take up gardening – gardening has been shown to burn up to 200 calories an hour. Not only this, but you can donate any food you grow to local homeless shelters or food banks.
- Plogging – plogging is where you go for a jog and collect rubbish you find along the way. A new eco-friendly running habit!
These are just some of the ways you can help your local community whilst you exercise. This means you can do good whilst you exercise and you can feel good afterwards.